The Ultimate Fiordland Cruise
Doubtful Sound is unspoiled, unmatched and unforgettable. So get ready to create some lifelong memories as the Milford Wanderer takes you through the ultimate Doubtful Sound experience. As you cruise through some of New Zealand’s most stunning scenery, the knowledgeable nature guides will provide commentary ensuring you miss nothing, be it the pod of resident dolphins, fur seals or rare penguins you might encounter.
Your Holiday Package Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in Te Anau
- 2 night Doubtful Sound Cruise ex Manapouri
Doubtful Sound Cruise Includes:
- 2 nights aboard the Milford Wanderer
- Twin share accommodation
- 2 breakfast, 2 lunch & 2 dinner
- Excursions including kayak or small boat cruising
- Wildlife viewing including specialist guides
Package price is twin share and based on travel 03-07 January 2022
Valid for sale until 30 September 2021
**Other dates available, a surcharge may apply
Call us to add on transfers, flights or car hire!
Cruise Itinerary (subject to change)
Day 1 - EMBARK CRUISE
Depart Manapouri 12:30pm.
Cruise Manapouri and Coach over Wilmot Pass
Depart Deep Cove 3pm.
Allow extra 30 minutes for Wilmot Pass as Kiwis love getting off the coach and slower pace to tell the Doubtful Sound walking track story.
Cruise to Tasman Sea, view seals
Day 2 - CRUISING
Kayaking and tender boats activities start at 8.30am in sheltered waters of Precipice Cove.
Mid-morning cruise and explore Doubtful Sound, may revisit the seals if weather wasn’t good for the coast on night one.
Explore other areas of - Crooked Arm, Thompson Sound (can only go there twice with Navi each calendar month). Making way back towards Deep Cove where two semi guided walk options (short Brassall Point 1.5-2hrs) longer Helena Falls approx. 3 hours.
Cross the mighty swing bridge over the Tailrace channel and walk to base of waterfall. The longer walk in theory could also include viewing the tail race portals at Deep Cove (subject to Meridian maintaining foot access on the Lyvia #1 bridge.)
Dinner cruise into Hall Arm returning to Deep Cove overnight (alongside wharf unless the Marine Team agree that the Helena Fall mooring is good for Navi without watch keeping).
There are some excellent stories at Deep Cove relating to early day of the company, the power station etc. At present we do the once over lightly as we pass through on the bus, if you spend time there it is magic.
Day 3 - DISEMBARK CRUISE
Early visit into Hall for Sound of Silence returning to wharf at 10am. Return to Manapouri.
About the Milford Wanderer
Designed along the lines of a traditional sailing scow, the Milford Wanderer has old world charm combined with modern facilities and the latest in safety equipment. After recent refurbishment the Milford Wanderer offers "twin-share" compartments and shared bathroom facilities.
- 32 passengers per departure
- Warm, comfortable accommodation (two passengers per sleeping compartment)
- Modern shared bathroom facilities with hot showers (8 showers & 6 toilets)
- Delicious meals prepared by onboard chef
- Kayaks and small motorised craft available onboard
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Package price is per person and based on twin share, in Australian/New Zealand Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission but is subject to change without notice. Valid for travel in January 2022 on selected departure dates. Valid for sale until 30 September 2021. A deposit of $110pp is required to secure. Prices/Offers are correct as at 19 July 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge. Other travel conditions may apply; contact our travel team for more details.