The Ghan Getaway
A legendary train. An unforgettable Australian adventure. Travel aboard The Ghan between Adelaide and Darwin on the all-inclusive Outback Spirit journey.
Your Holiday Package Includes:
- 2 nights 4-star accommodation in Adelaide including daily breakfast
- Barossa & Hahndorf Highlights full day tour
- Includes morning tea, lunch, wine tastings plus more
- 3 day rail journey aboard The Ghan in a gold twin cabin, Adelaide to Darwin
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines and beverages, immersive off train experiences in Katherine and Alice Springs + more
- 2 nights 4-star accommodation in Darwin including daily breakfast
- Darwin City Sights & Jumping Crocs full day tour
- Private airport transfers
Rate is per person twin share based on travel 06-12 June 2022
**Single traveller pricing available. Please speak to one of our travel consultants for more details
Call us to add flights!
The Ghan – Adelaide to Darwin
HIGHLIGHTS AND INCLUSIONS
- 3 days/ 2 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Immersive off train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs, and Katherine
- Cruise the Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about Katherine’s ancient Indigenous rock paintings, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station
Day 1 – Adelaide
Departing Adelaide, what lies ahead is rugged, beautiful and spectacular – through the Red Centre to the tropical north of Australia. Settle into your cabin and watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia from your window, or meet your fellow travellers in the lounge car. Before long some of the oldest rock formations in the world, the Flinders Ranges, come into view. As darkness envelops the rugged outback, it’s time to indulge in a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
Day 2 – Alice Springs
Begin with a freshly brewed coffee or juice as the day dawns at Marla, an outback outpost in the remote reaches of South Australia. It is here, deep inland, that you will enjoy a one of a kind experience, as you watch the desert come to life at sunrise. All aboard for brunch as you make your way through the MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs where a choice of Off Train Excursions awaits. Alice is an iconic Red Centre outpost. 1,500 kilometres from the nearest major city, it may be remote, but offers plenty to explore – home to doctors who fly, rivers that run dry, and a cast of colourful characters. Your time in the ‘capital out of the outback’ offers numerous opportunities to explore its historic legacy and unique environment.
Day 3 – Katherine & Darwin
Your day dawns in the tropical north. The pristine wilderness of Katherine is stirring and powerful, and you’ll have the chance to explore it from the water or land with your choice of off train experiences. Cruise the jaw-dropping Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about its ancient Indigenous rock paintings and gain insight into the culture of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station. As evening falls, arrive in Darwin to complete your epic Australian journey.
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian/New Zealand Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 30 November 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. Flights are not included. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.