River, Rail & Reef
Cruise the great Murray River onboard PS Murray Princess from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Follow in the wake of great Australian pioneers on a four night cruise along the outback river highway. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
After a two night stay in Adelaide city, experience a legendary train and an unforgettable Australian adventure. Travel aboard The Ghan, coast to coast through the fiery red centre, experiencing Australia at its dramatic best while indulging in regionally-inspired meals and fine wines.
Finish your holiday on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef, relaxing in a boutique, adults-only oasis overlooking the Coral Sea, the ultimate couples’ getaway.
Your Fly, Cruise & Rail Package Includes:
- $500 flight credit
- 4 night Outback Heritage Cruise onboard PS Murray Princess, Mannum return
- Includes all meals, onshore tours & excursions, live entertainment, transfers from Adelaide + more
- 2 nights in Adelaide including daily breakfast
- 3 day/2 night rail journey aboard The Ghan in a Gold Twin, Adelaide to Darwin
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines and beverages, immersive off train experiences in Katherine and Alice Springs + more
- 3 nights at Beach Club, Hamilton Island
- Includes daily breakfast, use of catamarans, windsurfers, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and snorkelling equipment, transfers plus more
Rate is per person twin share based on travel 22 November – 04 December 2022
**Single traveller pricing available. Please speak to one of our travel consultants for more details
4 night Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise
This cruise takes you north on the great Murray River from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Follow in the wake of great Australian pioneers on a 4 night cruise along the outback river highway. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and many of the 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
While on the 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise, you'll have the opportunity to...
- Depart historic Mannum
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry)
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost)
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour at conclusion of cruise (optional - extra cost)
While on board, you'll enjoy...
- Relaxing in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views
- Hanging out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel
- Breakfast each morning
- Delicious a la carte lunches
- Dining each evening with fellow passengers
- Onboard entertainment
- All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus)
- An exciting selection of onshore tours
- Guided nature walks & eco-excursions
- Onboard presentations
- Live entertainment
- Complimentary return coach transfers from Adelaide or return to the Adelaide Airport or car parking in Mannum (bookings essential)
The Ghan – Adelaide to Darwin
HIGHLIGHTS AND INCLUSIONS
- 3 days/ 2 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Immersive off train experiences in Marla, Alice Springs, and Katherine
- Cruise the Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about Katherine’s ancient Indigenous rock paintings, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station
Day 1 – Adelaide
Departing Adelaide, what lies ahead is rugged, beautiful and spectacular – through the Red Centre to the tropical north of Australia. Settle into your cabin and watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia from your window, or meet your fellow travellers in the lounge car. Before long some of the oldest rock formations in the world, the Flinders Ranges, come into view. As darkness envelops the rugged outback, it’s time to indulge in a regionally-inspired dinner and all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
Day 2 – Alice Springs
Begin with a freshly brewed coffee or juice as the day dawns at Marla, an outback outpost in the remote reaches of South Australia. It is here, deep inland, that you will enjoy a one of a kind experience, as you watch the desert come to life at sunrise. All aboard for brunch as you make your way through the MacDonnell Ranges to Alice Springs where a choice of Off Train Excursions awaits. Alice is an iconic Red Centre outpost. 1,500 kilometres from the nearest major city, it may be remote, but offers plenty to explore – home to doctors who fly, rivers that run dry, and a cast of colourful characters. Your time in the ‘capital out of the outback’ offers numerous opportunities to explore its historic legacy and unique environment.
Day 3 – Katherine & Darwin
Your day dawns in the tropical north. The pristine wilderness of Katherine is stirring and powerful, and you’ll have the chance to explore it from the water or land with your choice of off train experiences. Cruise the jaw-dropping Nitmiluk Gorge, learn more about its ancient Indigenous rock paintings and gain insight into the culture of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, or discover authentic outback life on a cattle station. As evening falls, arrive in Darwin to complete your epic Australian journey.
Beach Club, Hamilton Island
An adults-only oasis, this tranquil, boutique resort sits right on Catseye Beach, overlooking the Coral Sea.
With its spectacular beachfront location, private restaurant and lounge, child-free ambience and personalised service, the Beach Club Hamilton Island is the ultimate couples’ getaway.
Why you’ll love Beach Club resort:
Peaceful, boutique vibe
Choose from 57 luxurious and beautifully-furnished rooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom, choice of king or twin-single beds, and private terrace or balcony.
Romantic, private dining
Beach Club offers the private Beach Club restaurant and lounge - for secluded beachside dining. You’ll also enjoy a complimentary à la carte breakfast every morning.
Take a dip in the infinity-edge pool (heated in winter) and enjoy direct access to Catseye Beach.
Choose from a whole array of treatments at the island’s Spa wumurdaylin, or Island Hair and Beauty.
Convenience and entertainment
While you’ll feel a million miles away from everyday life at Beach Club, you can still connect whenever you need to, with WIFI in your room and at various locations around the island. There is also a surround-sound TV in every Beach Club room.
Endless fun and fitness
When you’re finished lounging, you can make the most of complimentary access to all (non-motorised) sports equipment, including catamarans, paddle boards, kayak hire, windsurfers and snorkelling equipment, and use of the island’s gym, spa, sauna and tennis court hire.
What is included?
- À la carte breakfast daily
- VIP return Hamilton Island Airport/Marina transfers
- VIP point to point chauffeur service
- Use of catamarans, windsurfers, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and snorkelling equipment
- Use of the Beach Club lounge, pool and restaurant
- Use of gym, spa, sauna & tennis court hire
- FREE wireless internet
Beach Club Room
Facing directly onto Catseye Beach, each Beach Club Room offers magnificent sea views and VIP service, with relaxed, contemporary beach house style.
Why you’ll love our Beach Club rooms:
- Beach Club is exclusively for guests aged 18 or over.
- The spacious bathroom with rain shower, freestanding bath and double vanity.
- Your own, private terrace, with gorgeous palm-fringed ocean views over the Coral Sea.
- Fresh, breezy, contemporary style, with an abundance of air and natural light.
- Direct access from Beach Club onto the white sands of Catseye Beach.
- The couples-only environment, for pure peace and quiet.
- Access to the private, infinity-edge pool that’s heated in winter, so can be enjoyed all year round.
- Spacious, elegant rooms with a choice of king or twin single beds.
- Complimentary WIFI and surround-sound TV.
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian/New Zealand Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking and shown in a gold twin cabin on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 24 September 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Cabin categories include prepaid government fees and port taxes unless otherwise stated. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. Visas are not included. Air credit is applicable on airline of choice, subject to availability and subject to the carriers’ flight schedules and conditions. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.