This tour not only visits the famous sights of Japan including Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Mt Fuji and Tokyo, but is brimful of experiences allowing you to immerse yourself in the local culture, from traditional tea ceremonies to origami.
JAPAN ON SALE - SAVE $1000 ON GROUP TOURS OR FREE SINGLE SUPPLEMNTS!
Your Guided Holiday Includes:
- Fly Singapore Airlines from select Australia^ cities to Tokyo, returning from Osaka
- 9 nights accommodation in moderate hotels
- A total of 26 meals - 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches & 9 dinners
- Touring with guides and entrance fee
Cherry Blossoms departures: 21 & 28 March 2023, 04 April 2023
^Flights are included from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth. Departures from other cities and flight upgrades available on request
Book & Travel with Confidence
- No risk - 100% payment placed in credit in the event of travel restrictions enforced
- One free date change should your plans change for any reason
- Every tour features our pioneering Travel Safe protocols
- Snow Monkeys – See the famous Japanese macaques bathe and play
- Kamakura Grand Buddha – visit Kotokuin Temple which houses Japan’s second tallest broze buddha statue
- Mount Fuji – enjoy a peaceful cruise on Lake Ashi and soak up the views of famous Mount Fuji
Our Experience Japan Tour has been thoughtfully designed and thoroughly researched to bring you a range of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, many of which are entirely exclusive to us.
Japanese Fan Painting
- Visit an historic Kyoto-fan house to try your hand at the art of Japanese fan painting, practised for over a thousand years and still alive today.
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
- Stroll through the scores of vast torii gates to the 800-year-old Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, a beautiful structure dedicated to the god of samurai in the heart of Kamakura.
- Explore the fascinating cultural heritage of Tokyo, learn what shaped this most impressive city and get a glimpse of what life was like through the ages at theTokyo-Edo Museum
DAYS 1-2: FLY OVERNIGHT TO OSAKA
Fly overnight to the lively, fast-paced city of Osaka! Depending on your time of arrival, the rest of the day is at leisure to start soaking up the local culture.
DAY 3: DISCOVER NARA
Visit the impressive Osaka Castle before cruising along the Yodogawa River. After lunch, continue to Nara and enjoy a leisurely walk through Nara Park to Todaiji Temple and admire the traditional Isuien Garden before returning to Osaka.
DAY 4: ARAYSHIYAMA BAMBOO FOREST
Journey by road to Kyoto. Capital for 1,000 years, this enchanting city is the epitome of traditional Japan. Start with a visit to Togetsukyo Bridge located in the heart of the vibrant district of Arashiyama and stroll through the bamboo forest with its towering and impressive thickets. Also visit Ryoanji Temple, home to Japan's most famous zen garden and the famous 'Golden Pavilion' Kinkakuji Temple. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to further explore the city.
DAY 5: EXPERIENCE KYOTO
Begin the day with a visit to one of Kyoto's most famous sites – Fushimi Inari Shrine, renowned for its 10,000 vermilion torrii gates and follow a forested hillside pathway passing numerous shrines along the way. Later, enjoy the age-old rituals of a tea ceremony with a tea master, and try your hand at origami. After lunch, your immersive experience continues with a fan painting class where you will learn the technique of this highly refined and sought-after visual art.
DAY 6: SEE THE SNOW MONKEYS
Spend the morning travelling by bullet train to Nagoya and then journey on the limited express train to Nagano. Upon arrival, head to Jigokudani Monkey Park and walk through a picturesque forested valley to the hot pools where you will see the famous Japanese macaques (snow monkeys) bathe and play. Also visit the 7th-century Zenkoji Temple, one of Japan's most prolific Buddhist temples, before continuing by road to Matsumoto.
DAY 7: MISO & SAKE TASTING
Begin the day with a visit to the magnificent 16th-century Matsumoto Castle, also known as 'Crow Castle', due to its intense black exterior. Next, head to a miso house and learn about the process of making this famous Japanese seasoning. After lunch, visit a sake brewery and enjoy a tipple or two! There will be some free time this afternoon to further explore Matsumoto.
DAY 8: MOUNT FUJI
Travel by road to the Fuji Five Lakes area. Ascend by road to the 5th Station to view Mt Fuji (weather permitting). Also, enjoy a peaceful cruise on Lake Ashi before taking to the skies on the Komagatake Ropeway to enjoy the breathtaking scenery below. Continue to Mishima and stay overnight.
DAY 9: KAMAKURA GRAND BUDDHA
Journey to Kamakura, a popular coastal city located south of Tokyo. Visit Kotokuin Temple, which houses Japan's second tallest bronze buddha statue, followed by a stroll through Komachi Street which is lined with pretty little shops before visiting Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, Kamakura's most important shrine. After lunch, continue to Tokyo and enjoy a leisurely walk though Hamarikyu Gardens.
DAY 10: DISCOVER TOKYO
Begin the day by ascending to the observation deck at the Tokyo Skytree, the world's tallest tower for panoramic views over the city below. Next, head to the old district of Asakusa and soak up the atmosphere at Sensoji, Tokyo's oldest and most famous temple, before browsing the stalls on Nakamise shopping street. After lunch, explore the Edo-Tokyo Museum to learn about Tokyo's historical heritage. End the day with a cruise on the waters of Tokyo Bay and enjoy dinner from the perfect vantage point to admire the supercharged lights of the city.
DAY 11-12: FLY TOKYO TO AUSTRALIA
Fly to Australia, arriving home the same or following day.
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking and shown on the lowest inside category available at the time. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 22 July 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Tipping is generally not part of the culture in Japan; however, you may wish to tip your National Escort at your discretion.Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.