Cruising the Islands of Greece & Turkey
Adventure through the Aegean’s sunny beaches, ancient ruins and spectacular sunsets.
Santorini and Mykonos lure sun-seeking crowds to their idyllic shores for good reason, but the collection of islands that make up the Cyclades are ripe with less-travelled gems. Cruise the Aegean Sea on a small ship and take in these perennial favourites as well as charming hill villages, secluded beaches and an unusual rock hewn monastery. Delve into the country’s rich history exploring ancient archaeological sites like Delos. Spend a day in Turkey touring the ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Add a healthy helping of delicious Greek cuisine for an adventure you won’t soon forget.
Your Adventure Cruise Includes:
- 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- 1 night in a hotel & 7 nights onboard MS Panorama
- Sunset Dinner
- Beach BBQ
- Local bus on Foliegandros
- Thira Cable Car and Orientation Walk
- Venetsanos Winery wine tasting
- Monastery of Hozoviotissa visit
- Ephesus with local guide
- Delos Archaeological Site
- Mykonos Orientation Walk
- Captain's Dinner
Departure dates available from June 2022 – September 2022
SOLO travellers pricing available upon request
Why you'll love this trip
- Explore the historical city of Athens on a walking tour with your local leader and let them take the hassle out of navigating this bustling capital.
- Witness the spectacular colours of Santorini’s famous sunset bathe the caldera.
- Venture off the tourist trail with a stop in Amorgos, where a striking 11th-century monastery built into a cliff offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea.
- Discover the mythology behind one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece, Delos, and let a local guide give you a fascinating insight into its history.
- Tour the Turkish ruins of Ephesus and discover the fascinating relics that remain of this vibrant ancient city including the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Is this trip right for you?
- This is a small ship adventure cruise, which means you’ll be sailing on a yacht with up to 47 other people. The boat is spacious and comfortable, but it focuses more on the destination than on-board activities. Instead of a pool, we have the sea itself. Instead of a casino, we’ve got board games and a good book. There’s also no formal dress code to worry about. Wi-Fi is available for a small charge.
- Our ship moves under engine power, rather than sailing, so all cabins will experience light engine noise when the ship is moving (and occasionally when we drop anchor). It’s probably worth packing earplugs if you’re a light sleeper.
- Onshore activities and excursions will involve a bit of walking. You’ll be visiting ancient sites and historical places, and at times you may have to cross cobbled streets and uneven ground, sometimes in hot conditions. If you have any concerns, please speak to your group leader before taking part.
- If you’re concerned about seasickness, there are seasickness tablets on-board. The ship will experience some roll and pitch in choppy conditions, however all of our ships come equipped with stabilisers to minimise movement. Most of our departures run in peak season, when the seas are calmer. Your crew will do all they can to minimise any discomfort.
- There are no lifts (elevators) on-board our ships, so you’ll have to navigate a few steep flights of stairs. Handrails are always available.
Day 1 / Athens
Welcome to Athens, Greece’s historic capital city. You will be met on arrival at Athens airport and transferred to your hotel. There is a lot to do and see here in one of the world's oldest cities, so you may wish to arrive a few days early to explore. The Archaeological Museum of Athens is highly recommended. There are no activities planned for today, other than an important welcome meeting which will take place at your hotel this evening at 6pm.
Day 2 / Athens
This morning, check-out of the hotel and enjoy a guided city tour taking in the historic Plaka neighbourhood and the Acropolis. This afternoon transfer to the port where you will board the M/S Panorama G at about 3 pm and set sail at around 4 pm. The first stop of your journey is Sounion, where a memorable sunset dinner awaits. Get to know your fellow travellers as you dine under the magnificent temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in Greek mythology. Towering 65 metres (213 feet) above the Aegean Sea, its marble columns have inspired many who came before, including poet Lord Byron. Sail overnight to Poliegos.
Day 3 / Poliegos and Folegandros
Arrive in Poliegos. Meaning ‘many goats’ in Greek, the aptly named island is uninhabited apart from its large goat population, and is known for its untouched beaches, gorgeous rock formations and sea caves. Enjoy a swim in the clear Aegean Sea and a lunch barbecue on the beach before setting sail for Folegandros. Stretch your legs in the clifftop town of Hora, one of the oldest and most picturesque traditional towns in the Cyclades. Enjoy free time for dinner. Stay overnight in port.
Day 4 / Santorini
Sail to Santorini this morning and take a cable car from Thira Old Port up to town for a leader led orientation walk. Later transfer to Venetsanos Winery and enjoy some local tastings. Next stop is Oia for that picture- perfect view before having free time back in Thira to check out one of the many the local restaurants. Head back to the boat to relax and unwind before dinner on board, perhaps enjoy a cocktail under the stars on the deck.
Day 5 / Amorgos
Depart early for Amorgos, where you will spend half a day touring the island. This tour includes a visit to the Monastery of Hozoviotissa (Monastery of the Virgin Mary). Built precariously into the face of a cliff, the 11th-century monastery offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea. Follow this with a stop at Aegiali Beach where there’s time to swim and enjoy a barbecue on the beach. Sail overnight to Samos.
Day 6 / Kusadasi, Turkey - Samos, Greece
After an early morning customs clearance in Samos, continue to Kusadasi, a resort town on Turkey’s Aegean coast and the gateway to the ancient city of Ephesus. Tour this incredible archaeological site and learn about its varied history with a local guide. After a traditional Turkish lunch, indulge in some shopping and learn a thing or two about Turkish carpets. Spend the evening at port in Samos, then depart at midnight for Mykonos.
Day 7 / Delos to Mykonos
In the morning, sail to the ancient World Heritage-listed site of Delos. The mythological birthplace of twin gods Apollo and Artemis, this tiny island is considered one of Greece’s most important archaeological sites. Explore these awesome ruins with the help of a local guide, who will explain some history and point out key attractions. Head back to the ship for a late lunch and a swim stop, before continuing to Mykonos for a leader lead orientation walk followed by a free evening.
Day 8 / Mykonos
Today is a free day to acquaint yourself with the glitz and glamour of Mykonos. Its charming Old Town is a delightful maze of whitewashed houses and cobbled streets. Perhaps explore the chic boutiques that line the town’s photogenic walkways. Or you may opt to soak up the sun on one of the main beaches. Return to the ship for a captain’s dinner, then sail overnight to Athens.
Day 9 / Athens
Enjoy a final breakfast with fellow travellers before disembarking in Athens between 8 and 9am.
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in your local currency, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking and shown on the lowest inside category available at the time. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices and routing is a guide only and may change. Prices/Offers are correct as at 28 July 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure. Airfares are not included in this package. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.