A week in Japan
Stand amongst the neon lights and skyscrapers of Tokyo, explore the regal grandeur of Kyoto, and admire the perfect symmetry of Mt Fuji. This whirlwind tour delves into Japan's most important cities and the natural beauty of Hakone.
Our A Week In Japan itinerary has been intricately designed for those who wish to see iconic sites and magnificent treasures. You'll travel with the assurance that all your arrangements are taken care of, with international flights, accommodation and all the touring listed below. You will be accompanied by our industry-leading National Escorts whose unparalleled knowledge and talent will turn your tour into an unforgettable experience.
- Tokyo – Discover pockets of tranquility including the Imperial Palace Gardens and Sensoji Temple in Tokyo’s capital
- Mount Fuji – Ascend the slopes of Japan’s largest mountain followed by a relaxing cruise on Lake Ashi
- Kyoto – Visit Kyoto’s outstanding temples, each one unique with its own personality
- Osaka – Take a stroll through vibrant Dotonburi in Osaka
- International flights with taxes
- 8 nights accommodation
- All transportation within Japan
- All touring with guides including entrance fees
- 17 meals; 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 6 dinners
Package valid for travel between 10-17 October 22. Alternate departures available for a surcharge.
Are you travelling SOLO? Call today and ask about Wendy Wu $300 off promotion for SOLO travellers!*
- Cruise on Tokyo Bay - Embark on a relaxed dinner cruise on the waters of Tokyo Bay, enabling you to look back and admire the bright, twinkling lights of the city by night.
- Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony - Experience the perfect display of Japanese culture as you witness the preparation and performance involved in the 'Way of Tea', a traditional tea ceremony.
- Ancient Calligraphy Class - With traditional brushes, ink and paper, try your hand at the beautiful art of calligraphy, an important aspect of Japanese culture since its introduction from China in the 6th century.
DAYS 1-2: FLY TO TOKYO
Fly overnight to the vibrant, neon bright metropolis of Tokyo, Japan’s capital city. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
DAY 3: EXPLORE TOKYO
As modern as Tokyo may appear, behind the neon facade is a traditional soul that is easy to find amongst the old alleyways, temples and shrines of the Edo era. Today, you will explore the city, ascending the Tokyo Skytree, the world’s tallest tower, before taking a wander through Asakusa district, stopping to soak up the atmosphere at Sensoji. Drive by the Imperial Palace Plaza and stroll through Hamarikyu Gardens. This evening, enjoy a Japanese diner cruise on the waters of Tokyo Bay and admire the supercharged lights of the city.
DAY 4: MT FUJI
Travel by road from Tokyo to Fuji, where you’ll ascend 2,300 metres up Japan’s most iconic sight to the ‘5th Station’ for magnificent views of both Fuji’s cone and the surrounding landscapes. If the road to the 5th Station is closed, you will instead visit the Fuji Visitor Centre. Transfer to the spa region of Hakone by coach. Embark on a cruise on the spectacular Lake Ashi, keeping an eye out for the bright red of vermillion torii gates that nestle on the surrounding alpinesque hills and in the shallows of the lake itself. You may even catch a glimpse of the cone of Mt Fuji peering over the hills, though once you have flown high above the lake of the Komagatake Ropeway to the summit of Mt Komagatake the views of Mt Fuji will be breathtaking but weather dependent of course!
DAY 5: BULLET TRAIN TO KYOTO
Transfer to Odawara Station, jump onboard the bullet train and whizz your way to Kyoto. Capital for a millennium, Kyoto was also the heart of religion, philosophy, art and cuisine, making it a treasure trove of history and culture. It is here that all of the best known cultural arts were born, including the tea ceremony, Kabuki and Geisha. This afternoon, visit the magnificent Fushimi Inari Shrine. Follow the pathway through thousands of vermillion torii gates that leads through a complex of shrines spread over a peaceful, forested hillside.
DAY 6: EXPLORE KYOTO
This morning visit one of Japan’s most famous temples, Kinkaku-ji, also known as the Golden Pavilion. Set amongst classical Japanese Zen gardens and on the edge of a reflecting pool, the temple’s main hall is covered in gold leaf – a breathtaking sight no matter what season you visit in. Continue to Ryoan-ji, a Zen temple that is home to Japan’s most famous Zen garden. You’ll have some time to contemplate its mysteries for yourself. This afternoon, enjoy a taste of authentic Japanese culture, experiencing the elegant ritual of a tea ceremony and learning the traditional art of origami.
DAY 7: EXPLORE NARA AND OSAKA
This morning, depart for Nara. Another former capital, Nara also has a huge cultural legacy, considered second only to Kyoto’s. This picturesque, compact city is endlessly charming, something you’ll notice as you explore. Spend the morning discovering Todai-ji Temple which houses the magnificent Daibutsu, a 15-metretall bronze statue of Buddha. Here you’ll also be able to meet Nara’s famous Sika Deer, believed to be the messengers of the Shinto gods. You’ll also stroll Isui-en, a prime example of a Meiji-era (1868-1912) garden. Continue to Osaka, where you’ll have lunch and explore the Dontonburi district, Osaka’s vibrant foodie and entertainment district. It isbest known for its plethora of neon signs and snack-offering street food stalls. Later, you can learn about the turbulent history of the magnificent Osaka Castle.
DAYS 8-9: FLY OSAKA TO AUSTRALIA
Fly to Australia, arriving home the same or following day. (B)
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices and routing is a guide only and may change. Prices/Offers are correct as at 17 May 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure. Airfares are based on economy class flights from Sydney and subject to the carriers’ flight schedules and conditions, please call us for prices from other cities. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.