The Ghan Expedition
A unique and epic experience, explore the wonders of Australia’s vast interior with one of the world’s most renowned rail journeys – The Ghan Expedition from Darwin to Adelaide.
Beginning in Darwin, this four day, three night, 2,979km all-inclusive journey will take you to some of the most remote and captivating parts of Australia in style and comfort. Operating April to October, your adventure through the country’s vast, varied, and captivating interior will leave you speechless. It’s the ultimate Australian outback experience.
Your Fly, Stay & Rail Package Includes:
- Economy class flight from Sydney to Darwin, returning from Adelaide
- 2 nights 4-star accommodation in Darwin
- Darwin City Sights Half Day Tour
- 4 day rail journey aboard The Ghan Expedition in Gold Service Twin, Darwin to Adelaide
- Includes all meals, fine wines & beverages, immersive off train experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs plus more
- 2 nights 4-star accommodation in Adelaide
- d’Arenberg - The Blending Bench & Degustation
- Select private transfers
- Airline taxes
Pricing is per person twin share and based on travel 06-13 April 2023
Alternative travel dates available, seasonal surcharges apply, please speak with your travel consultant
Call us for flights from other cities!
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS:
- 4 days / 3 nights aboard The Ghan
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Off Train Experiences in Katherine, Alice Springs, and Coober Pedy
- Evening Off Train Experience in Manguri
- A spectacular dinner under the stars at the historic Telegraph Station, Alice Springs
- Explore Nitmiluk Gorge’s powerful natural wonders and rich Indigenous culture
- Venture into the underground opal mining town of Coober Pedy
DARWIN AND KATHERINE
Your journey begins with a morning departure from Darwin. Once you’re settled into your private cabin, mingle with fellow travellers or sample the exceptional food, wine, and service onboard. When it’s time for lunch, savour the regionally-inspired menu accompanied by a selection of all-inclusive wines and beverages, before an early afternoon arrival at the Top End township of Katherine. Take a relaxing cruise through Nitmiluk Gorge’s ancient natural wonders and exploring the region’s rich Indigenous culture. Enjoy dinner as the sun sets over the outback, then back in your cabin you’ll find your bed turned down. Fall asleep as the train rolls soothingly onwards.
After your first night on The Ghan, you’ll be greeted by a morning view of the spectacular Red Centre. A full day of excursions awaits you in the outback town of Alice Springs. An optional upgrade is a scenic flight to Uluru, returning in time to meet the rest of your fellow guests at a spectacular barbeque dinner under a million stars at the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station.
MANGURI AND COOBER PEDY
From your morning stop at the outback outpost of Manguri, you’ll venture into the weird and wonderful opal mining township of Coober Pedy, where more than half of the residents live underground. Here, you’ll enjoy a day of discovery, and a gourmet lunch in the most unique of locations: underground. Dinner is served back on the train where you can enjoy a nightcap as your journey continues.
Enjoy a leisurely brunch as you prepare for your mid-morning arrival into Adelaide
Terms & Conditions
Prices listed are per person in Australian/New Zealand Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking and shown on a Gold Twin cabin on The Ghan. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 01 June 2022 and can be withdrawn without notice. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. Airfares are based on economy class flights from Sydney and are subject to the carriers’ flight schedules and conditions, please call us for prices from other cities. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.