Jewels of Auckland and the Bay
Home to some of New Zealand’s most stunning beaches, the natural paradise of the Bay of Islands consists of 144 islands. Be blown away by the beauty of the Bay when you cruise through spectacularly scenic waters out to Cape Brett and through famous ‘Hole in the Rock.’ Enjoy free time to explore the many secluded beaches, enjoy a wine tour of the region, or join a tour of Russell and learn about the area’s fascinating history.
Your North Island holiday package includes:
- Return economy class flights from Sydney to Auckland
- Private car transfer from the Airport to your hotel
- 3 nights accommodation in Auckland including breakfast
- Auckland wine country tour with lunch
- Return ferry transfers to Waiheke Island
- 3 day / 2 night Jewels of The Bay guided holiday with AAT Kings
Package is valid for travel between 02-07 September 2021
For package ex Brisbane please add from $169pp or ex Melbourne from $129pp
Why you'll love this trip:
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds, rich in history and stories of the momentous events which shaped a nation.
- The Bay of Islands is an island paradise comprising of 144 Islands and a handful of historic towns. The stunning scenery, golden beaches and fresh seafood make it one of the most prominent tourist destinations in New Zealand.
- Insider Knowledge - Discover the stories, people and events that shaped the past, present and future of Aotearoa New Zealand. During your tour you will view the world’s largest ceremonial war canoe, the historic Treaty House and carved Meeting House. Stand on the spot where
- Local Connection - Waitangi Treaty Grounds - Many of the guides descend from signatories to the Treaty which will give your visit a personal connection to Waitangi.
- Cultural Immersion - The Waitangi Treaty Grounds are where Maori chiefs first signed their accord with the British Crown – the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand’s founding document.
- Sustainable Footprints - Meet local artisans on an optional highlights tour of the Bay of Islands
Jewels of The Bay Tour Itinerary:
Auckland – Bay of Islands
This morning depart Auckland City over the Harbour Bridge and through Northland’s lush farmland before arriving into the beautiful Bay of Islands. Cruise through spectacularly scenic game-fishing waters to Cape Brett and, weather permitting, through the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ formation. The return cruise to Paihia meanders through picturesque islands – see deserted sandy beaches and secluded bays. Keep your eyes peeled for marine life. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Bay of Islands Free Time
Today is completely free for you to discover more of the beauty of the Bay of Islands: Consider an optional experience. Perhaps go sailing aboard a historic tall ship. During this full day sail, you can take your turn on the helm, hoist the sails or climb the rigging. Enjoy morning tea and delicious BBQ lunch served on board. Or join a guided tour of the Bay of Islands. With an abundance of breathtaking, picturesque views, there are plenty of fantastic photo opportunities for you to create lasting memories. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish. You may want to experience a ‘Kiwi tradition’ – fish and chips on the beach
Bay of Islands - Auckland
Enjoy a leisurely morning before you travel back to Auckland. On an optional experience you could take a wander through the grounds of New Zealand’s most important historic site, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, rich in history and stories of the momentous events which shaped a nation. The grounds are where Māori chiefs first signed their accord with the British Crown – the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand’s founding document. Later, you’ll journey south to Whangarei, the northernmost city in New Zealand, where there’s time to admire the local art and stroll along the marina in the Town Basin. Continue to Parry Kauri Park, where you’ll embark on a memorable walk among the ancient kauri trees, two of which have stood in the forest for 800 years. Later this afternoon you’ll arrive in Auckland, where your Bay of Islands encounter concludes.
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
Prices listed are per person in Australian Dollars, based on twin occupancy, including all discounts unless otherwise stated. The offer is subject to availability at time of booking and shown on the lowest inside category available at the time. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices/Offers are correct as at 08 April 2021 and can be withdrawn without notice. Hotels may charge resort fees not included in this package, payable direct upon check in. Visas are not included. Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfares are based on economy class flights from Sydney and subject to the carriers’ flight schedules and conditions, please call us for prices from other cities.