Murray River Outback Heritage
Departure Date: 23 August 2021
Other departure dates available: 9 August 21
Let the P.S. Murray Princess take you on a trip that will show you the lifestyles of Australia's early settlers.
Many years ago, hundreds of paddle wheelers cruised the Murray River's waters as they built Australia's early prosperity from river trading. Today passengers can experience their legacy in old riverside ports and in the surrounding country for which the paddle wheelers were a lifeline.
Prior to the paddle steamer days and many thousands of years ago, Aboriginal people were living traditional lives close to nature and the mighty Murray River. During your Murray River cruise you may have a chance to witness the marks our indigenous people left these many years ago.
Aboard the boat you can experience the Australian nature, history and culture. At night sit on the decks as the boat cruises the river under floodlight that will bring you up close with native Australian wildlife, while visiting the banks of the Murray River at dusk and dawn.
The days of your Murray River cruise can be as active as you wish. Take some time to make new friends, appreciate the Australian bird life and native animals from the decks of your boat, or perhaps you may want to join one of onboard expert guides for a walk ashore, where you will learn more on the Murray River's natural and historical past.
For a relaxing, educational and interesting cruise holiday, get on the P.S. Murray Princess for an experience of a lifetime!
About the P.S. Murray Princess
This amazing river cruise boat is a true inland paddlewheeler, purpose built for the Murray River. This classic river boat was designed as a modern romantic representative of a river boat similar to hundreds of such vessels who used to trade up and down the Murray River. These days most Murray River vessels have imitation paddles, however this boat boast authentic, massive stern propelled paddlewheels used to cruise the river.
The boat offers passengers a unique river boat small ship cruise on the Murray River. Join only the finest Captains and crew who are passionate about what they do and are delighted to share with you their knowledge and stories. Onboard the paddlewheeler the dining saloon is spacious with a character and charm of yesteryear. The paddlewheeler will offer you a relaxed and informal experience coupled with the warmth and friendliness so unique to a Murray River cruise.
While on the 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise, you'll have the opportunity to...
- Depart historic Mannum
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry)
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost)
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour at conclusion of cruise (optional - extra cost)
- All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus)
- An exciting selection of onshore tours
- Guided nature walks & eco-excursions
- Onboard presentations
- Live entertainment
- Complimentary return coach transfers from Adelaide or return to the Adelaide Airport or car parking in Mannum (bookings essential)
- Lift access from Randell Deck to Sturt Deck
- Paddlewheel Lounge
- Sturt Bar
- Sturt Dining Room
- Sun Deck
- Onboard Souvenir Shop
- Public Amenities
- Mini Gym
Mannum, Caumamont, Salter's Station, Sunnydale, Younghusband, Mannum
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
All fares are displayed in Australian Dollars and pricing is per person based on twin share occupancy unless stated otherwise. Although all due care is taken to keep information as up-to-date as possible, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice: due to varying timing schedules of supplier automated update processes; currency fluctuations; fuel surcharges or government tax & fee changes and may not be guaranteed until paid in full. Gratuities may be an additional onboard charge depending on particular cruise line selected. Please ask your cruise consultant for any clarification of Terms & Conditions.