Deep South Antarctic Expedition
Departure Date: 12th February 2023
Get so far off the beaten track; the track doesn’t even exist anymore. From abundant colonies of penguins to glacial silence, Antarctica will transform you. Now it’s the time to set sail for Earths’ final frontier.
A big place needs a small ship. Set sail with Silversea to the white continent and discover why size really does matter.
Why take an Antarctica Luxury Cruise with Silversea? Because it’s the adventure of a lifetime in the least visited place on earth. Because our fleet of intimate expedition ships takes you so far off the beaten track, there is no track. Because we have made luxury all-inclusive cruising to Antarctica into an art form.
Join the ranks of Amundsen, Shackleton and Fiennes and become one of the world’ most well-travelled people. Not only will you step foot on the most mysterious and enigmatic continent in the world, you will travel to parts of Antarctica rarely seen by man. Accompanied by your team of experts, this 20-day Deep South Expedition will take you into rarely visited territory and will reinvent your idea of travel.
A southerly frontier - on the cusp of wild nature and extraordinary adventures - the excitement in Ushuaia is palpable. Prepare for memorable exploits amid the extremes of this southerly location - as you adventure into the colossal scenery of the fractured Tierra del Fuego and beyond.
Sailing the legendary Drake Passage is an experience that few are ever lucky enough to experience. The southern tip of the Americas already feels like a wild enough environment – but the sensation of watching the distant cliffs of the peninsular known as the ‘End of the World’ fade into the horizon, is one that’s equal parts epic, eerie and magical.
The ice-coated Antarctic Peninsula forms perhaps the most accessible region of mainland Antarctica, Several countries maintain research bases here, and with plump elephant seals, and crowds of Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adelie Penguins also calling the islands home.
An adventure in its purest form, only a handful of people will ever be lucky enough to experience the majestic beauty of these monochrome landscapes first-hand. The Antarctic Sound will be one of your first encounters of this whitewash kingdom, located at the northerly tip of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Exploring the Peninsula offers a spectacular first taste of the snow-blanketed landscapes and colossal ice sculptures, which make up Earth’s least-explored continent. Witness cathedral-sized icebergs up close, and blue-hued glaciers, slowly slipping from imposing locations like Hope Bay. Blanched mountain peaks cover the peninsula, and you’ll find thousands of adorable Adelie penguin pairs thriving undisturbed in this peninsula’s unique setting.
- One overnight stay in a hotel in Santiago, with a welcome reception dinner and breakfast
- A comfortable transfer journey to the Santiago airport the following day
- Exclusive charter flight to Puerto Williams, fully escorted by a Silversea representative
- An upgraded, personalised flight experience including extra leg-room and regionally inspired gourmet lunch
- Smooth and seamless arrival experience in Puerto Williams with direct transfers to the port
- Upon disembarkation of Silver Explorer, direct transfer to the airport and charter flight to Santiago, Chile for your onward journey
- Guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shoreside activities led by the Expeditions Team
- Enrichment lectures by a highly qualified Expeditions Team
- Spacious suites
- Butler service in every suite
- Unlimited Free Wifi
- Personalised service – nearly one crew member for every guest
- Choice of restaurants, diverse cuisine, open-seating dining
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including champagne, select wines and spirits
- In-suite dining and room service
- Onboard entertainment
- Onboard gratuities
Ship - Silver Explorer
Silversea’s purpose-built luxury Silver Explorer expedition cruise ship has been designed specifically for navigating waters in some of the world’s most remote destinations, including both of earth’s polar regions. A strengthened hull with a Lloyd’s Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger vessels enables the Silver Explorer Expedition Cruise Ship to safely push through ice floes with ease. A fleet of 12 Zodiac boats allows Silversea Expedition guests to visit even the most off-the-beaten path locations and an expert Expedition Team provides insight and understanding to each unforgettable Silver Explorer luxury cruise adventure.
Two outstanding restaurants on board;
Soft breezes and ocean views beckon at the Grill, especially as the sun goes down when cruise guests gather for cocktails at the outdoor bar and talk about the day’s events.
Enjoy Continental and regional specialities, as well as sweeping ocean views in our main dining room cocktails at the outdoor bar and talk about the day’s events.
Puerto Williams, Drake Passage, South Shetland Islands, Antarctic Sound, Antractic Peninsula, Antarctic Expedition Deep South, Antarctic Peninsula, Drake Passage, Puerto Williams
Terms & Conditions
* Conditions apply. Offer is limited, subject to availability and change without notice. Promotion is correct and valid at the time of publication. Booking and full supplier terms and conditions apply. Valid for new bookings only and not combinable with any other offer (unless stated).
All fares are displayed in Australian Dollars and pricing is per person based on twin share occupancy unless stated otherwise. Although all due care is taken to keep information as up-to-date as possible, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice: due to varying timing schedules of supplier automated update processes; currency fluctuations; fuel surcharges or government tax & fee changes and may not be guaranteed until paid in full. Gratuities may be an additional onboard charge depending on particular cruise line selected. Please ask your cruise consultant for any clarification of Terms & Conditions.